Click on the PayPal Link below to donate to the PTO's efforts to support the Bridge Street School, its teachers, and students!
The mission of the BSS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to enhance our kids’ educational experience and create exciting opportunities for our school community that the limitations of the school budget do not otherwise allow. Essentially, the PTO raises money to make up the gap that current public education funding cannot fill. And, its role is essential.
Here are just some of the specific ways PTO funding supports our teachers, kids and school community:
- Classroom Resources: Each K-5 classroom needs $500 per year of basic support (e.g., classroom supplies, technology, educational programming) at a total cost of $6,500 per year.
- Inclusion Support: Furniture and materials are needed for the school’s flex spaces. The PTO is budgeting $1,000 for this expense.
- Field Trips: The PTO subsidizes the bus cost of field trips, which lowers the cost for students to participate in these trips. The PTO also covers the cost of field trips for students who would otherwise be unable to attend. The PTO budgets $1,000 annually for this expense.
- Playground Equipment: The PTO budgets $500 annually for items such as soccer nets and balls.
- Community Events: The PTO hosts several events to bring our school community together, including Beginning and Year-End Picnics, Open House, Science Fair, Family Dinners, Bingo Night, Student and Adult Talent Show, Movie Nights, Kindergarten Welcome and Field Day, among others. At many of these events, the PTO provides dinner to families at no charge. Approximate cost each year is $3,500.
If you can, please consider a financial gift to support our teachers and students through a tax-deductible donation to the PTO. You can donate online, or make a check payable to "Bridge Street School PTO" and send it to the BSS office.
And check out the information below for ways that you can support Bridge Street through “free money” programs!
Thank you to everyone in our wonderful BSS community for your support!
Kelsey Flynn and Dina Kochanek , PTO Co-Presidents
Amy Toulson, PTO Treasurer
Sam Hopper, PTO Vice-President
Jen Dieringer, PTO Secretary
Florence Bank Customers’ Choice Community Grants
If you have an account at Florence Savings Bank, you can vote for the Bridge Street School PTO at www.florencebank.com/vote. That’s all you have to do! Last year the PTO was awarded nearly $1,500 based on the number of votes it received! The voting deadline this year is December 31, 2017, so please vote and encourage family, friends and co-workers to do the same to help us earn as much or more this year!
Buy brand name products & everyday essentials at up to 75% off and Give10Back will donate 10% of your purchase price to the BSS PTO! Go to https://give10back.com/ and choose Bridge Street School PTO when creating your account. Then start shopping and spread the word to family and friends that they can sign up too!
Box Tops for Education
Last year we earned over $400 through the Box Tops program! Each Box Top you submit is worth a dime--just picture a dime you are throwing out for each Box Top that you don’t clip. So send your Box Tops to school with your kids and the teachers will get them to the office. Visit the Box Tops for Education website (BTFE.com) for more information and a list of participating products.
Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program
If you shop at Stop & Shop, go to https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/ to register your Stop & Shop card to earn points for the PTO (simply select select "Bridge Street School" during the registration process). At the end of each month, points are used to calculate the total cash award to the PTO. Last year the PTO earned over $700 through this program! Register today and encourage your family and friends to do the same!
Go to http://smile.amazon.com and set your charity to "Bridge Street School PTO Inc". Then when you shop AmazonSmile for all of your Amazon purchases, Amazon will donate a portion of every purchase you make to the BSS PTO! Sign up today and encourage your family and friends to sign up as well!